Monday, July 7, 2014

Camping Trip and Hike

A few years ago, my husband, son, and I took a RV trip to Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in Felton, CA (near Santa Cruz).  I loved this picture, and once I got the Give a Hoot cartridge,  I knew how I wanted to scrap it.   My son is into nature and all that goes with it, thus the 'recycle' logo die cut.   I added another journaling spot under that logo with their names and what we did while camping.  Instead of a journaling box at the bottom I got an idea to write on a log - which is from Pooh and Friends cartridge.  Other little embellies are from a Basic Grey chipboard set.

Our theme for the BBTB2 challenge this week comes from Pam, which is "Travel".  I would love to see what you can create and link up to BBTB using a travel or transportation theme.  Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous layout Maureen! I love the die cuts you used and I really love that picture. I think it was a great idea to journal on the log. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that LO and the heart/earth diecut! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous picture for your layout. I love all the cuts you used and the design of it and the paper choices. The sentiment is so perfect, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic layout Maureen!! Love the photo and the great cuts you used. Love that you used the log as the journaling mat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title for your darling layout! Super cute design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super fun layout, Maureen! Great cuts and the pic is awesome!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the log-I kind of forget about the extras on the Disney carts sometimes! It is perfect for your pictures-makes me think of redwoods! I love the Give a Hoot cart-great page!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete