Monday, January 5, 2015

Life as a Princess

Welcome to 2015!   It's a new year, and I am looking forward to working on projects around the house, some travel, and enjoying the grandkids. 

This week on BBTB2, our hostess, Melanie, at Courtney Lane Designs, has given us free reign and asked us to make something with our "all time favorite Cricut cut".  Well, that's almost impossible for me, there are just too many great cuts and cartridges to choose from.   I am going to say that ONE of my favorite cuts is anything related to Disney.   Today, I made a layout of my granddaughter on Christmas morning in her new Elsa dress.  Since I don't have the new Frozen digital cartridge, I went to Happily Ever After and cut out Aurora in blues at 6".  Using my new Explore, I found several different snowflakes and a snowflake tag on the free subscription, and cut and glittered them.   Using the The First Few Years cartridge for the first time, I cut the frame and words.  The bottom trim is a sticker.

Hopefully part of your plans for 2015 include more crafting.  Start this week by linking up your "favorite Cricut Cut" to our BBTB2 blog.

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Maureen! I love, love your sweet layout! All the girls are just crazy about Frozen, I know my granddaughters are. I love that you improvised and used another princess in blue to use instead, the snowflakes are so pretty. I love the frame with your sweet granddaughter's picture in it and the crown is in the perfect place. I think it will be a fun crafty new year! Now I just need to get my Explore unboxed and learn how to use it. lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun layout, Maureen! LOVE all the cuts and you certainly have more patience than I do because those Disney carts can be crazy sometimes :) Beautiful princess in the pic, too! Happy New Year!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of your grand daughter is just adorable. The layout is super cute! Great job making Elsa. I love the font that you used for your wording!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is not to love about this wonderful layout! It is rather fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen, what a super adorable layout, Your GD is just cute as can be. Wishing you the best for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout Maureen!!! Love Aurora in blue. And that photo of your granddaughter is just darling!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful and fun layout !!! I love the cuts and your granddaughter is adorable !!!! I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday season and a happy New Year !!!
    Hugs,
    Mayra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything Disney too! This is super cute and the blue dress does look like Elsa's! Perfect for you grandauther! I am done with all things Frozen, as Son#2 has been playing and singing all the music from it CONSTANTLY, making his own piano medley arrangement! Just let it go already!!!!!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. How darling! Love both of the princesses!! Happy 2015

    ReplyDelete