Monday, May 25, 2015

BBTB2 - Dance to the Music

Happy Memorial Day to all, especially those who have served our country.  My 92 year old uncle served in WWII.  He was stationed in Alaska, met my aunt, and never left.  He still lives on his own island in Sitka!

Today at BBTB2, Emily, of Mollies Motif, is our hostess.  She asked us to use a Cricut cut(s) that incorporates dance or music.  I am determined to get more pages done for my daughter's wedding, so I created a layout of the first dance.  She had doilies on the tables, so I took a little one and incorporated it.  My inspiration comes from a page out of a 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes (I really miss that magazine).

I just took the plunge and brought the year's subscription to Design Space, so you will be seeing me use New-to-Me cartridges in my creations.  Even though I have over 85 cartridges, there is so much more that comes with the subscription.

Lots of cartridges used this week on the project -  Starting with the couple inside the heart - this is really a combination of two cuts - the couple is from Valentines Sweets (hiding the heart background) and then I over-layed that on the heart from Twinkle Toes, removing the center word of Dance.  The sheet music is from PaperLace2, the border at the top is from Ribbon and Rossettes, and the font is Cricut Cake.   Link up your project to BBTB2 this week and join in our Music and Dance theme!



7 comments:

  1. Oh Maureen, that is so cool about your uncle, a true love story!!! I miss that magazine too, I miss a lot of the crafty magazines. Your layout is just beautiful and boy you did use a lot of carts to make it! I love that you used a doily from the wedding on this layout, so pretty! You will love having the subscription as you will have a ton more carts at your fingertips!! I'm embarrassed to say that I have well over 200 carts, but the subscription gives me access to even more! How fun is that?! lol Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and beautiful LO, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background paper is so pretty and accents her dress so nicely. Wow, you used alot of cartridges and your layout looks so wonderful! Your daughter looks so beautiful! What a wonderful idea to add the beautiful doily

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always amaze me with your awesome layouts and I just love how you place the photos in the frames and then added the silhouette inside the heart down below. Super LO Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout Maureen!!! I love all of the cuts. And the photos are wonderful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love how it turned out!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete