Monday, May 7, 2018

BBTB2: Cricut - Art Nouveau Mother's Day Card

It's almost Mother's Day and I have finished my gift shopping and card making.  I actually got a card in the mail early this year too!  Our challenge at Bitten by the Bug2 this week is "Mother's Day", so I made a card for my daughter.  She likes something a little different, so I choose to go with a lady head and background from the Art Nouveau cartridge.  The paper curled a bit when I added the glitter pen, but I left it, it reminded me of waves in the hair, giving a 3D effect.  There are always tiny pieces and intricate cuts when using this cartridge and I sometimes get frustrated.  This time I put a new blade in the Explore and had no problems at all.  It's amazing what a new blade will get you.

Join in the celebration and link up to our Bitten by the Bug2 LINKY page HERE.  Our hostess is Michelle  (from Crazy Cricut Scrapper) and she and the other designers love to share our craftiness with you.  You can use Instagram, Flicker, your blog, or Pinterest to do your linking.

Cartridge:  Art Nouveau
Gems on flowers in hair
Nuvo glitter pen on hair and flowers
Ink on edges

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is amazing! Your daughter will love this card! I think the waves in the hair looks natural and great. I love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I thought you did the waves on purpose! It looks like waves of hair SHOULD be coming off the page! Very unique and pretty-love it!!!! I wish I was as organized-gotta get my card in the mail ASAP! You are so right about the difference a new blade makes.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful and so is the wavy hair! I always love your creations, even though I don't always get comments done!

    ReplyDelete